Here’s a non-food post for the start of the month. Can you believe it’s already the second half of the year?! I just hope that I’ll be able to achieve my goals by the time 2012 slips through my fingers.
Ames @ A Melbourne Girl at Heart has kindly nominated me for a lovely blog award. First one for this blog! Thank you for the shout out and the encouragement. It’s really nice to know that there are people out there enjoying what I write. Gives me more motivation to continue doing this. 🙂
I suppose I shall pass this on to 15 other lovely blogs. And if you have been double tagged I do apologize. Maybe just do it once?
So, instructions for this award:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
- Tell them 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you like for this award.
- Post a comment on each of your nominees’ blogs telling them about the nomination.
1. I’m highly myopic (shortsighted) since I was 11. My degrees are -7.50 Left eye and -8.50 Right eye. I also have quite significant astigmatism. So without my glasses (or contact lenses) I’m completely hopeless. I blame those years of reading Chinese novels in bed. And my genes.
2. I’ve graduated from The University of Melbourne with a Medical degree and also a Bachelor of Medical Science. Practised for 3 years in Melbourne and started my training as a Psychiatrist. Then I decided to move back to Malaysia to pursue a singing career. So right now I’m freelancing and performing twice weekly at The Scot’s Jaya One until further notice, also waiting to start recording my Chinese EP, hoping to release that by the end of the year. After that? I’m not sure yet but going back to Oz is definitely part of the plan.
3. I might have a digital piano at home and play it sometimes but I’ve never had piano lessons. I started learning Organ (the instrument, not the body part) when I was around 5-6 then changed to Violin when I was 13. But if you ask me to play something on the violin I would freak out completely.
Umm, here’s a super cringe-worthy photo of myself in the church orchestra… taken somewhere in 1997 or 98.
4. I’m more of a cat person. In fact, I’m catsitting 3 adult felines now. Here’s a wee introduction.
I guess that makes me a Cat Lady. Only for 2 months though.
5. When it comes to shopping, I shop like a man. I hate wasting time browsing though clothes so I only concentrate on the new arrivals. I never stay in a shop for more than 5 minutes (usually just a quick walk through) unless there’s a line for the fitting room or counter, then again that usually makes me give up waiting. Online shopping is the best! My favourite online shops are ASOS, Doublewoot and The Book Depository. More suggestions welcome!
6. I get very annoyed with poor customer service. Similarly, a disappointing dining experience makes me grumpy. I’ve known to give staff tellings off about the quality of food. (Eg. I was served cold steak last night with instant mash for RM65++. This is the kind of things that should not happen in a mid-range restaurant or above.) If they make a mistake they will usually hear about it. I realise that makes me a total b*tch but I believe if I fork out a significant sum of money for food I deserve at least decent experience. Plus, that’s what service tax is for right?
Of course, this doesn’t apply to RM6 Chili Pan Mee or RM3 Kolok Mee (Mind you sometimes they taste much better than some of these so-called ‘fine-dining’ restaurants). What you pay is what you get, after all.
7. Last one! Phew this has not been easy. What else should I tell you? Ah! I’ve joined way too many competitions up until few years ago. I hold a title of 1st Runner up for Miss Chinese Melbourne Pageant 2008 and 1st Runner up for 2007 International New Talent Singing Championship in Melbourne Division. That has landed me quite a few performing opportunities with TVB and I have also judged a couple of singing competitions. Ah.. the good old days.
And I shall dig out the pageant photos….
Ah!! It was a great experience, to say the least.
Now that I’ve finished the list, I’ve realised I’m also profoundly long-winded. I hope you are still with me and have not fallen asleep on your sofa/chair/bed. Have a great week everyone!
22 Comments Add yours
Aww thanks for nominating my blog 🙂
Btw you look really gorgeous in your graduation photo la!
You are most welcome!! And thanks I do love that shot!
Omg you look gorgeous on your pageant pic!! Wow!!! Thank you so much for nominating me too!!!! ^^. I felt so surprised and touched that someone likes my blog!!
You are most welcome and thanks for the compliment! 🙂
hi kelly, thanks so much for your award! I really appreciate that, i’ve done the 7 facts about myself, i’m not sure if i will do it again but oh, can i still claim for the award? It’s really nice knowing a little more about you..so now you actually sing? and i just realised that you are also hosting the other blog ‘oh fishee’ which i clicked on your name in my blog and it directed me there. wow, you looks absolutely gorgeous in the beauty pagent !! oh, i cant really guess which one is you in that church photo!
You are most welcome and of course you can still claim the award. Yes I now sing full time 🙂 about the other blog… No I’m not hosting anyone so that might just be a technical glitch. Oh as for the church photo, I’m the third from left in third row. Lol.
Thanks Kelly for thinking of me. Big bear hugs. Hope to meet this beauty queen in person someday. You are a rare find, pretty with brain and talented. Can’t ask for more, can you? 😀
Hey it would be so fun to meet up! 😀 Thanks for the compliments!
Thank you Kelly for awarding me 🙂 It’s always so flattering when other bloggers give me an award ~ hahaha I really like your 7 facts and you amaze me…you’re good at everything..being a doctor, singing, performing and now COOKING! Gosh I wish I was more talented like you!
I remember seeing you on TV and in the newspapers when you were in the competition for Miss Chinese Melbourne pageant 😀
Hope you come back to Melbourne soon! Would love to meet you in person xoxo
We shall catch up for coffee next month when I’m in Melb!
Sounds good 🙂 let me know when! ACTUALLY i’m going to Malaysia in December maybe we’ll meet up then? I’m going to KL 😀
We can meet up both times hehe. Let me know the dates you are in KL.
God that’s a hilarious one of you with John So! Was he ogling at your boobs??? eeeeeewwwww
I surely hope not! His wife was on the stage with us! I’m going to innocently assume that he’s admiring the sash.
nawwww thanks babe!! I’ll do mine when I get a chance!
Great to learn so much stuff about you! bahaha I-Hua’s comment about John So! 😛
You are welcome! That photo always makes me smile. Hehe
I am truly honoured and touched by you nomination, thanks.
You are a very talented and beautiful young lady and poised too. Wishing you all the very best.
Aww, I’m glad to have the privilege to give the blog its first award… I’m sure there are many to come ;).
Hehehe thank you again!
Your pageant photo looks impressive! Found you on Alan’s blog.
Hey thanks for dropping by and the compliment!
Very nice article with lots of information. Thanks for sharing this one with us.