Whoa! Last night’s Heineken New Bottle Launch party was one hell of a night. Personally I’m more of a wine
addict drinker (lower calories, better taste) but I got carried away with the beer. A new bottle kept being handed to me before I finish the one before. And to think I’m supposed to be on detox. *ahem* I’m sure there are quite a few people in the Klang Valley who are hungover today as a result of last night’s shenanigans.
Many thanks to Isaac for the photo.
Speaking of hangovers, I could give you a few tips on overcoming the undesirable outcomes of a great night.
1. Rehydrate: Drink a lot of water. Best still, hydrate yourself with isotonic solution. Juices are good and so are soups. I always crave for a big bowl of Pho after a night out. There’s a good reason for this. Electrolyte replacement promotes proper rehydration in a gentle way. To prevent a hangover though, best to drink water in between your alcoholic beverages.
2. Pills: If you must, take some over-the-counter painkillers such as Ibuprofen or Aspirin to ease the headache. Remember not to have them on empty stomach though. Try not to take Paracetamol as it can be dangerous when mixed with alcohol, overloading your liver. Another good option for headache is peppermint tea and coffee. Though with coffee remember to drink extra water as it can dehydrate you even more.
3. Sleep: If you can afford to sleep a couple more hours, do it. Let your body heal the natural way. Sleeping in a dark room helps too.
4. Shower: Hot or cold shower would be okay. There’s nothing scientific about this but it will help you feel much better about yourself.
Last but not least, and related to the recipe I’m about to post today:
5. Vitamins: Especially Vitamin B group and Vitamin C. Berocca is good for replenishing both. Or you can get them from natural sources. Spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms , capsicums, eggs , dairy products (Vit B6), meat products, yeast bread are all rich in either Vitamins or both. And this Baked egg dish covers all of these ingredients. Perfect!
This is my third baked eggs post on this blog but the first one that’s not vegetarian. It is also just slightly naughty with the addition of cheese. Anyway, all for the vitamins, right?
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Red Capsicum, roughly chopped
2 Pork sausages, diced
100g Mushrooms, sliced
50g Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
1 can of Canned Tomatoes
1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1/2 cup of Mozarella, Parmesan and Cheddar
Salt and Pepper
1 handful of chopped Parsley
In a large pot, heat a little olive oil and stir in the shallots and garlic, cook until soften. Add sausages and cook for 1 minute or two. Then add the rest of the vegetables and stir until well combined.
In another pan, dry roast and coriander, paprika and cumin until fragrant, then add to the vegetable pot with tomatoes. Add cayenne pepper too. Cook for about half an hour, stirring regularly, and season to taste. Just before turning off the heat, throw in the spinach and stir it around a little. The heat will wilt the spinach slightly, which is perfect.
Take a small cast iron pan, add just enough vegetable mix to about two-thirds. Crack one or two eggs (or more, if larger serving) into the dish and sprinkle with cheese. Cook in 200 degree Celsius oven until the eggs are set and cheese melted, which would be around 20 minutes. Sprinkle chopped parsley and ground black pepper on top.
Serve as it is, or with toasted bread. I’ve made some wholemeal flat bread to go with this.
Make a beautiful mess, the ooey gooey yolk and cheese mixture is pure seduction. The explosion of flavours is enhanced by the kick of cayenne pepper. Can never get enough of this.
Contrary to common belief, Hair of the dog does not cure hangover, it merely delays the onset. So…. stay away from that Bloody mary or have it virgin for the vitamins.
Check out my previous recipes too:
So, what do you normally do for your hangovers?
20 Comments Add yours
Love it! Cheese, Egg and Pooooork!
It looks sooo good! Well done for cooking that with a hangover, I love the colours of the dish. When I am hangover I am usually not able to cook, so I will probably have it on a normal morning.
Thanks! I actually cooked this on a different day with perhaps a different hangover. Hehe.
This is my idea of a great hangover breakfast!
You look so pretty, but beware of the drinks next time haha ~
This baked egg dish looks so deliciously attractive, and seem pretty easy to do, also must be very good for serving as a quick meal any time of the day,must try : ) ~~
Hehe I’m going out again tonight. I guess I will never learn….
Yes indeed baked eggs are great anytime of the day! I often cook it for dinner anyway.
so that’s your secret! baked eggs ya 🙂 .. wow, you\’re a master of all trades, singing, cooking, hopefully not drinking ya 😛
nice seeing you!
A good hearty breakfast is always good!
As for drinking, let’s just say I’m a pro. Lol
Btw you forgot my original trade as a doctor.
A great breakfast dish, hangover or not. Hehe.
Well written and informative. Must remember this next weekend.
yummmm! Will potentially try this for dinner, nothing like breakfast for dinner 🙂
Yes! I always end up having brunch/breakfast for dinner. 😀
Teach your agent because yyou are revoking the power off attorney.
Tend to be many many rewards most tyypically associated with hiring
a skillwd llawyer to getting on your aspects.
The backstory and video were moved by thv11.com on Aug.
1. Using the standard demands domesticated cats she tries fervently to retrieve
her dog. These busineszes are here to create your life easier.
Stunts and dances are choreographed by Peraanmai Michael.
Grindhouses were mostly cinemas that showed b-movies annd exploitation films.
Every erra in the line iis just a prequel of the last.
Ahh Champagne and Cinnamon Diamonds, Two of my favorite
things!. There’s an old and true saying by American icon Will Rogers.
Pink heart-shaped diamonds look magnificent when it is
designed and set in metals of white gold or platinum.
These shoes can run you about $160.00 dollars foor moobs, but well worth it.
The shoe is very well-received by clients, and lots
of people admit for their quality. I do not believe you’ll need any longer style tips!
Utilizing the Steam Cabin, people can pamper themselves
and take pleasure in the really relaxing experience that it includes.
You will see this by viewing the staining or clean surface of mortar on the inner side oof the cavity.
If you are nott oof that paking mentality, the next section is for
you. If for example thee garage shall be heated or air conditioned then then you’ll
need an R-value of at least 14.
A good law practice is a exceptional asset to say the least.
An power of attorney.can be revoked with any point during time.