Calling all Singer-Songwriters, Rockstars etc: Project Aloft Star

Want to win US$10,000, perform at Aloft hotels and a chance to be on MTV? Don’t look any further and submit your original song ASAP!

Designed for the next generation traveller in mind, Aloft® Hotels today announced the debut of the Asia Pacific edition of Project Aloft Star, in collaboration with MTV. The music talent discovery competition aims to identify and support the hottest emerging music artists from China, India, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.

From now until August 24, 2014, unsigned bands and artists are invited to showcase their talents by uploading an original video showcasing their music to for the chance to be named Asia’s first Project Aloft Star winner. Three winners will ultimately be chosen – as the Asia Pacific edition of Project Aloft Star will feature three key contest clusters covering major Asia Pacific markets: China, India and the third contest cluster consisting of Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. Shortlisted entries will have the opportunity of a lifetime to perform at the finals in late September in front of a panel of judges held in their respective clusters. The winner from each cluster will receive US $10,000 cash and a chance to be featured on MTV. What a brilliant opportunity!

“Music is in the DNA of the Aloft brand and we are thrilled to kick-off Asia Pacific’s first Project Aloft Star competition to identify the latest emerging music artists in the region. Project Aloft Star has been hugely successful with five editions in North America; and this year we are very proud to have Asia Pacific’s very own edition to discover the region’s immense potential pool of talent,” said Vincent Ong, Senior Brand Director, Asia Pacific Brand Management, Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

“We are also excited to partner with MTV Asia who shares our same passion for live music, pop culture and design-led initiatives. This synergistic collaboration allows Aloft Hotels and MTV Asia to amplify the discovery of great new music experiences across Asia Pacific,” continued Ong.

In a previous collaboration last year, Aloft Hotels and MTV jointly launched a digital platform that helped promote local up-and-coming music talents that have performed at the Live at Aloft Hotels showcase at Aloft Hotels W XYZ bars across Asia. This was aimed at providing an enhanced Aloft Hotels guest experience for millennial travelers with live music access while on-the-go. I have personally performed there for a few months and you can even see my profile on MTV Asia’s website right here. I have plenty to thank Aloft for. 🙂

“Building on the success of our earlier collaboration with Aloft Hotels,Live at Aloft Hotels, Amplified by MTV, we are thrilled to expand our collaboration and help amplify Project Aloft Star in Asia,” said Paras Sharma, Vice President, MTV and Comedy Central Brands and Digital Media, Viacom International Media Networks. “It’s testament to the on-going synergy between our brands as we continue to promote and reflect local cultural tastes and musical talents. We can’t wait to see who will surface from Project Aloft Star!”

Public Voting Contest

From August 25 to September 14, 2014, the public can vote for their favourite videos from a panel of curated entries posted online. 40% of public voting will determine which entries get to perform at the finals for each cluster and the remaining 60% will be determined by MTV. Fans in each cluster who cast their votes will stand a chance to win a three day, two night all-expense paid trip for two to Seoul, South Korea and accommodation at the Aloft Seoul Gangnam hotel, slated to open on October 1, 2014.

For more information head over to

4 Comments Add yours

  1. suituapui says:

    You’re joining? Good luck!!!

    1. kellysiew says:

      Not sure yet. Going to write a new song this week and if we get to finish it then I might join.

  2. We absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post’s to be just what I’m looking for.
    can you offer guest writers to write content
    available for you? I wouldn’t mind composing a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you
    write with regards to here. Again, awesome blog!

  3. I blog often and I seriously thank you for your information. This great article has
    truly peaked my interest. I am going to take a note of your website and keep
    checking for new details about once a week.
    I subscribed to your Feed too.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s